2010/12/31

Q&A with JASON CHANDLER

Jason Chandler is a hard working guy from San Francisco which is the vocalist at "The Frustrators" beside Mike Dirnt (Green Day) as bassist.

Jeffy: Think back in the age of 13 how were you thinking about your future at this time?
Jason: 13 year old me wouldn't believe that I can play Duke Nukem on my iPhone. Or that I got married to a pretty girl.
Jeffy: What's up with "The Frussies"?
Jason: I really don't love that nickname, but the band is currently in the beginning stages of the process of building up to contemplating the possibilities for potentially deciding whether there would perhaps be anything we could eventually discuss, but rumor has it that we haven't yet decided if any such speculation is even remotely worthy of wishing about pursuing.
Jeffy: Oh well that means for us WE CALL ‘EM “THE FRUSTRATORS”! I skipped through your album "things I've done for friends", I really like the CULP & BURP one. How did you get the idea for instance this one?
Jason: It's "gulp" not "culp," but that little piece is just a slapped-together story sketch. I cobbled together some text and some existing inked stuff to send a version to a Facebook pal for her birthday. Really the idea has a home in my perhaps-never-to-be-finished comic, "Living It Up at the End if the World." It's a simple slapstick bit really, where a zombie soldier swallows a grenade. I wish it were drawn better...
Jeffy: Stanley the Chicken: Fans do priceless things for him, he's loved! What's the story behind him and where is he now? Still in contact with him? Do you know his future plans?
Jason: I've got a whole set of his cartoon pals and a world where Stanley lives. I just aint done nothing with it! Actually I've got a nearly-finished storyboard for an animated cartoon video for our song "Trout" which stars Stanley. Maybe someday your great grand-children will see the finished product.
Jeffy: You're a genius and everyone knows it, why so modest?
Jason: Well thanks, but If I was a genius I wouldn't use the undo command when I'm drawing, I wouldn't need to overdub when I record, I'd have a book out, and I'd be rich. If I ever see a real genius I'll let you know...
Jeffy: What are you up to the whole day?
Jason: All I do is work. I sit on my butt on a surprisingly comfortable blue work chair (which has lasted many years thank god since it was very expensive) and I crank out work. Mostly along the lines of what they call "user experience design" plus graphic design, illustration and animation, which basically means I do the work of about 3 people and get paid almost what 1 person should get. I also do tons of work for friends (logos, album art, skateboard designs, etc.) but sadly these often get pushed to the back of the line... Gotta eat!
Jeffy: Describe yourself in 5 words.
Jason: Just a guy working hard...

Thanks alot to JasonC for doing that interview with me. His answers really made me smile, he's a true genius! And I really look up to him.
Thanks to CB for the cool suggestion!


1 comment:

We could have done something better?
Please inform us!