2010/12/30

Q&A with JOHN ROECKER

John Joseph Roecker is a director, actor, musician, writer and idolized person from L.A.

Jeffy: How would you describe yourself in 5 words?

John: Pervert, Director, Writer and I can go to the Bathroom all by myself. ( I am so complex I cannot describe myself in just five words!)

Jeffy: Remember when you were younger, were you cool and popular?

John: I was never popular. I was a freak. In the 1970's and living in the Valley I was drowning in a sea of denim, long hair and heavy metal music. I was this kid with a fat head that wore black and listened to punk rock music. I would sit at the bus stop and these heshers (those were long haired stoners) would throw shit at me and call me a "Punk Rock Faggot" and drive off. It is crazy to think about it now. I might as well of worn a bullseye on me but I didn't care. It was part of the culture to fit out of society a one that never embraced me nor I did it. I feel the same. And I fucking hate denim!


Jeffy: If you would play in a band, what would be the name of this band?

John: I have a band called Post Mortem Crush. It is a "Moth" Band. Moth is a new music that combines Mod and Goth.

Jeffy: What's up with "Heart like a Handgrenade"?

John: Well this movie is getting bumped around like a grandmother in a Sexy Orgy. It was suppose to be in March and then their live record is coming out so who knows. I am over it- let the gods do what they have to do.
Jeffy: What are you up to at the moment?
John: As for me I am moving on writing a series with Tim Armstrong for Lion's Gate. Which is amazing. And I am also finishing up a doc. called "Satan Goes to Hollywood." which I have combined over 400 films that deal with Satan and Satan worshipers in film.
Jeffy: Which person inspires you the most?
John: I have to tell you I am inspired by things I hate so I can do it better and things I love to aspire to better myself. Once your art become accepted you become lazy and start losing your skill. So I am glad the majority of people think my work is shit so I keep on doing what I do until I die. Yes I wish I had a trade that I was good at but I am border line retarded so that's why I do art. It is the perfect marriage. I am also inspired by my friends on facebook. It is the best society of people I have ever had. And I mean that with all of my heart.
Jeffy: Why the hell do you love to talk about yourself?
John: I don't really. I love asking people questions. I always wanted to have a talk show when I was a kid. I would go though my Mom's trash can and steal her cigarette butts and pretend I was interviewing people. God I really was a freak!
SPECIAL THANKS TO JOHN! YOU ARE AWESOME!

http://svengaliworld.com/
http://www.facebook.com/john.roecker

No comments:

Post a Comment

We could have done something better?
Please inform us!