2011/04/02

Q&A with MARCELLA ROCKAFELLA

copyright by rtl.de
Marcella Rockafella (Marcel Kaupp) from Germany is a guy who dressed up like Lady Gaga and became famous through that. He also attended on Germany's "Supertalent".

Jeff: How comes a boy to the idea to dress up like the world famous Lady GaGa?
Marcella: Laughs It was just a joke actually.. On Carnival I used to dress up as Lady Gaga and lots of people came to me and were like „Oh you look amazing! Could you sing? Try to reconcile this!“ That’s how I became the male, german Lady Gaga-impersonator!
Jeff: And why have you decided then to go to Germany's 'Supertalent'?
Marcella: After I’ve seen that show I said to myself that that couldn’t be that hard to become the next supertalent. Then there was the casting, the live show and transmission and everything was alright! But now I can do what I feel and what I wanna do.
Jeff: How successful are you after the show and what are you up to now? Do yo have any special plans for the future?
copyright by rtl.de
Marcella: What I am right now, is what I work. There aren’t that much crossdresser who are singing and make party like I do, unfortunately is sometimes the acceptance missing. As far as I am Marcella I can say that the crowd reacts very cool. People dance and rock with me and anyone cares that this is a man in a drag. The entertainment factor is what counts. Of course there are some dirty rumors and you get criticism but that’s cool with me. I am just myself as Marcella! I just released my first single „Forbidden Games“ on iTunes, Musicload and other sites. It’s a pure party song.. it’s like „Just dance freaks!“ I love it. I love how people love my music, I can see how they get off their stress they have all the time and yeah… it’s just about to dance and feel better. That’s my job.. haha.
Jeff: If you meet Lady GaGa in real, what would you say?
Marcella: Gosh, I guess I would die! Haha..ok well I wouldn’t tell her things like „thanks for your music“ and stuff, I would like to say „Honey, let’s go tot he bar.. let’s drink some Johnnie Walker and If we are drunk enough I would talkt o her about things.. Umm I can’t write down here. Haha! Oh and I met P!nk three years ago and we drank some Tequilas, we totally had a blast! And I talked to her like I do talk to my friends. So we are all regular people and nobody is a special one!
copyright by martina-leymann.de
Jeff: Describe you as Marcella Rockafella in just 5 words.
Marcella: Hot girl with (almost) nothing on!
Jeff: When you are on stage with your sexy GaGa-outfit how do you feel then and how does fans or other people react? Do you think your job is a hard one?
Marcella: I think my job is for sure a hard one. But it offsets when I see all the lucky faces. There are loads of people who never get a chance to see Lady Gaga Live. And I give anything on stage to get them a little sense how a Lady Gaga Concert could be. I have two dancers ( I know Lady Gaga gets a few more) but we work so hard to give the people a good show and they are enjoying it. They sing along with me all the Gaga Songs and it's a feeling I just can't describe.. and I feel just an amazing happiness in my heart when I'm on stage. When I get off from stage all people come over want photos and autographs. I have got a special fan who get a shirt with "I Marcella Rockafella" on it.. that was so sweet. That proves that what you are doing is right and that makes me happy!
Jeff: When you were younger have you ever dreamt of being that what you are now?
Marcella: It was always a childhood dream to perform on stage. But I've never thought that it could be possible for me and now I'm getting a little closer to my dream and I work much harder on it to get my dream come true. I am what I am now of course . 2 years ago I never thougt I would dressed up as Lady Gaga or a girl... but it's fun and it's a role I have to play now and it’s my lifestyle. Not just for me especially for my fans. 'cause there are many boys and girls who have got problems in school, at home.. with their sexuality and other things. And I (just like Lady Gaga) show them that its okay and you have to be proud of who you are!
THANK YOU! ROCK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We could have done something better?
Please inform us!