2010/12/31

Q&A with ALEX LEIMER 'BILLY RAY'

Alex Leimer 'Billy Ray' from Austria  is the vocalist and guitarist on "Morning Glory" and "Dream of Liberty"

Jeffy:  I heard records of both bands, your are the vocalist on "Dream of Liberty" and "Morning Glory". They both had a completely different impression to me, do you prefer any band?
Billy: Well I think both bands have their own style. D.o.L is more on the harder side and M.G is more on the soft side (kind of cool riffs hah) . I can’t say what band I do prefer. Not because one band could be angry then ‘bout me. I like both styles. It’s a good balance for me.
Jeffy: It's start of 2011 and I really wanna know, do you have any future plans like bigger tours with Morning Glory or new records?
Billy: Well we were founded in the Year 2010. Of course we’re planning to play as much concerts as possible. But we do not get an offer from another band to support them yet. In summer we record so we probably can make an album. Be prepared for it.
Jeffy: Since when are you in the music industry?
Billy: I´ve first played in a pop band called "Laufmasche". This was in the year 2000. In the Year 2007, after this Band quitted, I was invited to play the guitar and be the vocalist for the Band Dream of Liberty. Morning Glory is an Acoustic Project of 2 other friends and me. We united our songs we wrote at home for years. Thats the Bands. But I´ve learned since my 6th Birthday. I´ve learned to play piano, violin, flute and guitar. Now I´m 23 so 2011 is going to be my 17th year with music.
Jeffy: This is something I tell in every interview: Describe Morning Glory in a few words.
Billy: Morning Glory is an united composer project. Our style is something wich isn´t represented often in Austria. There are acoustic riffs with russian sound, rythm changes and soft candlelight sounds. We do not write anything we write the stuff that comes out of our hearts.
Jeffy: As far as I'm concerned I couldn't live without music! Tell me, what's your favorite band, biggest influence and idol
Billy: Well.. I have two fav. bands. At first Oasis and Kings of Leon. Jeeez. Biggest influence.. maybe All American Rejects? But just in the beginning of their music career. well an idol of me is Jared Leto. It’s like some kind of being arrogant and cool at the same time.
Special thanks to Billy & Morning Glory!
& Thanks to CB for the cool suggestion

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Morning-Glory/127766917275916

No comments:

Post a Comment

We could have done something better?
Please inform us!