2011/01/13

Q&A with Ana from EAST BAY PUNK GIRLS

Ana Moreno and her friend Martha are the East Bay Punk Girls (Supporter and Promoter) from Spain.

Jeff: So I've heard alot about the "East Bay Punk Girls" already, can you tell me, why you founded it and how? Did you have any influences?

Ana: Well, I had an idea of doing something new, something related to East Bay music and the whole scene that involves it, but I wasn't sure about exactly what , so that's when I started to talk with Martha about this, and finally we decided it was a good chance to make people know about East Bay music and spread the word about the legend of the punk scene and influences. We used to have another girl as a graphic designer, but it was a waste of time, and they say tree is not good enough, so 2 is the perfect number.

Jeff: You promote bands which are inspired or are from the East Bay, do you have any current projects like getting those band gigs or so on?

Ana: Lately we interviewed the band Prima Donna, who were on tour with Green Day during 2009-2010 and about current projects, I think we have none right now, even we have to design our website again and change the whole thing due to some issues with the graphic designer in the past, but for the future, we'll try to do something with bands and so on.

Jeff: Do you play oneself in a band or something like that?

Ana: Well, I had something in the past, but wasn't really serious. So currently I'm the manager of a band called Killer Ladies: 4 women + punk rock … You better listen to them!
Jeff: What are your favorite bands?

Ana: My favorite bands are quite involved with East Bay...Green Day is for sure my fav one, and then bands like Rancid or Pinhead Gunpowder...But I also love bands like The Pretty Reckless or Hole, that are not really into the “East Bay scene”... And then I also like dnb haha.
Jeff: Do you have any special plans for the following year?

Ana: Find a job in England a stay there for the summer, and hopefully, go to any gig of a band from East Bay J

Thanks to Ana (and Martha which was too busy that time)!
http://www.myspace.com/eastbaypunkgirls

No comments:

Post a Comment

We could have done something better?
Please inform us!