2011/01/19

Q&A with OLIVER DEVILLE

Oliver DeVille is the owner of Villa-Productions and works together with lots of famous german artists.

Jeff: Your artists are mostly pop singer, folk music or Ballermann. Be honest is this your favorite music or do you like other genres better?

Oliver: During my teenage years I was addicted to punk music. The fascinating thing is, that punk is  like party music or Mallorca-Style: It contains max. 3-4 chords, simple melodies and text, wich everyone can sing to it, wich not mean that it is easy to make. So the way to party-music is not far.

Jeff: How did you get the name "DeVille"?

Oliver: My first studio was in an old villa near Hannover/Germany wich was used by a radio-station before, therefore I call my company “Villa-Productions”. Deville is a mix of Villa, de Ville (french) and Devil (from wich I try to be far as possible). Meanwhile it advanced to a trademark for some music styles, espaecially german party-music.

Jeff: It's always the same, some artist are either hated or loved! Have you made any experiences yet? Like with people which were bitchin' around because you are famous and succesful?

Oliver: Hate is a sign of succes. You have to work a lot for it. But people are on the wrong way with all this hate...hate is wasting energy for something that doesn’t really satisfy yourself!!!

Jeff: Describe your job in 6 words!
 
Oliver: Too Much work for little glamour!!!

Jeff: Do you plan anything for the next year like touring through Europe or something?

Oliver: I will concentrate on my studio work more than ever, so I’m not planning travelling for live shows. I prefer making songs for artists, who will spread them all over the world

THANKS TO OLLI!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We could have done something better?
Please inform us!